Translate

jueves, 20 de junio de 2013

“We’re all going to die martyrs. Let’s make a general Act of Contrition”

China’s Modern Martyrs: From Mao to Now

By Anthony E. Clark, Ph.D.

The untold story of the Communist destruction of the Our Lady of Consolation Trappist Abbey at Yangjiaping in 1947

The Red Book of Chinese Martyrs  -     
        Edited By: Gerolamo Fazzini
    
    
        By: Edited by Gerolamo Fazzini
Gerolamo Fazzini’s, The Red Book of Chinese Martyrs

Blood of the Martyrs: Trappist Monks in Communist China
Blood of the Martyrs: Trappist Monks in Communist China 
by 


Our Lady of Consolation Trappist Abbey before its destruction by Chinese Communists in 1947.


I have just returned from another year in China where I have witnessed the Church grow. I have seen churches struggle to accommodate the crowds who come for Holy Mass, and I have listened to countless stories of Christian suffering under China’s Communist rule. Over the years I have traveled with, worshipped with, and prayed with Chinese Catholics. Priests have risked their safety to meet me at secluded places, accompany me on peasant-filled busses to remote places of Catholic martyrdom, and send me surreptitious messages about the continued suppression, suffering, and humiliation that China’s Catholics endure every day.

Read “China’s Modern Martyrs: From Mao to Now

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario