Translate

viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2014

Whatever our personal feelings are our Church is safe in the hands of Almighty God.





I will start this post with a confession. I am not the most enthusiastic admirer of Pope Francis. To my simple mind I find some of his pronouncements mildly confusing. When the proclamation was made:

“Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum:
HABEMUS PAPAM!
Eminentissimum ac reverendissimum Dominum,
Dominum Georgio Marium Sanctæ Romanæ Ecclesiæ Cardinalem Bergoglio
Qui sibi nomen imposuit Franciscum”

in common with most European Catholics the name meant nothing – I had never heard of this Cardinal from Buenos Aires. In declining the formal Papal attire following this announcement, it was patently obvious that this was going to be a very different Pontificate from that of our beloved Pope Emeritus. Nothing in the following months made much sense to me. Here was a Pope living outside the Papal apartments where pontiffs usually reside, declining all the usual trappings that the Heir to Peter usually enjoys, but, with a great devotion to Our Blessed Lady which was, for me, a positive. His daily homilies from Sanctae Marthae were edifying; the sort of homily one would expect on a Sunday bringing the relevance of the Gospel of the day to bear. The Wednesday General Audiences were uninspiring when compared to the erudite and clear catechesis of Benedict. And then …. Evangelium Gaudium in which raised many questions and gave us some idea that Pope Francis might have a mindset formed during the heady days of Liberation Theology (subsequently discredited by some).

This might seem I have a negative response to the incumbent of the Chair of Peter. Perhaps I have been guilty of this, but over these last weeks my attitudes, and my concerns have changed.

..................


Read more: catholicismpure.wordpress.com



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario