July 23 — July 29
Materialism: The False God of Modern Science
by George Stanciu
In the twenty-first century, science, not the Church, is the oppressor that champions a worldview that has to be cast off...
How the Hook-Up Culture Is Damaging Women
by Anne Maloney
We fail an entire generation when we withhold from them the “wisdom not to do desperate things"...
The Return of “Enemies of the Permanent Things”
by Bradley J. Birzer
Because a truth is a truth, it can never be destroyed. It can be mocked, ignored, and distorted, but, as a truth, it remains. It only needs to be remembered...
Calling All the Young Fogies
by James Baresel
In stressing the importance of beauty and formality, the young fogey movement provides an antidote to modernity's utilitarianism and narcissistic childishness...
Wards of the State: How Colleges Indoctrinate Our Kids
by Bruce Frohnen
Reform and renewal of our colleges will be extremely difficult, but must begin with a realization of just how bad things have gotten...
The Rest of the Week
- “Toy Story 3” and Our National Naivety
- Redeeming Quentin Tarantino
- The Problem of a “Conservative” Lincoln
- Hip-Hop Hamilton
- Why Are the Classics Necessary?
- Was There Something Unique to the Southerner?
- The Political Relevance of St. Augustine
- Soldiers, Shell Shock, & Sadness in “Mrs. Dalloway”
- Fanaticism: Distorting Humanity?
- Yes, Let’s Talk about Religion & Politics
- What Would Tocqueville Think of Trump?
- Cry the Beloved Country: Two Separate Americas
- The Importance of Knightly Oaths