Russian state newspapers predict ‘direct military conflict’ with US as it compares Syria stalemate to Cuban missile crisis
BY PAUL HARPER
A RUSSIAN newspaper fears a Third World War with the US over Syria.
Tabloid Moskovsky Komsomolets predicts a “direct military confrontation” on par with the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- Putin and Obama shared a tense handshake at the G20 meeting in China
- The US suspended relations with Russia over air strikes in Syria
- 5A Russian TU-95 bomber flies through airspace northwest of Okinoshima
- The US suspended contact with Russia over Syria on Monday.
- Secretary of State John Kerry has been enraged by airstrikes on rebel-controlled areas of Aleppo.
- Hundreds of innocents are believed to have been killed in the attacks.
- BBC Russia correspondent Steve Rosenberg referred to two Russian newspapers taking an aggressive tone towards the US.
Read more: www.thesun.co.uk